1916 Menominee Truck Model A - Excellent Condition
- Built in Menominee Michigan, this is an all-original running chassis
- (2) Original gas carbide headlights (not hooked up) with prestolite tank
- (2) Original Kerosene headlights
- (1) Original Kerosene taillight with original tag bracket
- (1) Original and (1) added Klaxon Horn
- Authentic 1916 License Plate
- Absolutely perfect wooden wheels with new pneumatic rubber tires.
- Original tool box
- All original mechanical components, engine, transmission, axles, etc.
- The floorboards and firewall are original wood. You can even see the wear in the floorboards from the boots of the drivers over the years.
- The windshield glass was replaced with safety glass in 1986
- A new wood and steel stake body was custom made for this chassis in 1986 this and the tires are the only new items on the vehicle
- Memorabilia from magazine ads
- Original Parts Manuals, Sales Materials and Sales letter from 1900ís (collected from the Seldon Estate) Seldon held the original patent for the automobile and collected literature for all makes and models in order to pursue law suits against manufacturers. This material is in pristine condition except for a couple of small worm holes!
- For convenience we use an outboard style gasoline tank for the fuel. This prevents the fuel from spoiling during storage. The original tank under the seat is intact and clean with its original fuel line and fittings for reattachment.
- The Engine is started very easily with the front mounted hand crank does not knock or make any unusual noises.
- The wooden steering wheel also contains a throttle and spark control, all in working order
- The transmission has 3 speeds and reverse, shifts perfectly
- The clutch is a steel disc wet type and does not slip or chatter
- The rear differential has floating axles with drum type brakes. There is a slight oil leak around this area but not enough to worry about
- This compact vehicle about the size of a medium sized pickup truck, is a real eye catcher for any auto or truck show room, local parade, hotel lobby, restaurant or a great addition to any museum.
- Restored in 1986 this vehicle has spent the past 20 years inside, out of the weather. Previous owners (a produce farm in Mass kept it in the barn for about 40 years. I donít know the history of the other 30 years.)
- This truck is one of only 4 known to exist is sold with a notarized bill of sale. This vehicle is almost 90 years old, runs and looks great
- Located in Maryland, shipping available. 800-866-9289
- Also available for additional cost custom built enclosed tilt bed trailer for garaging and transport.
- E-mail or call 1-800-866-9289 during business hours if you have questions
Click here for the photo gallery - make sure you see all 66 photos
Click here for the documentation photo gallery - Literature for truck is also being sold!
Click on each photo in the gallery to see a larger version.
Truck videos now on-line (see and hear the truck being driven):
Video 1 - Small, 18 seconds, 2.5 MB, .MPG format
Video 2 - Medium, 1:15 seconds, 20 MB, .MPG format
Video 3 - Large High Quality, 1:15 seconds, 40 MB, .AVI format, must have DIVX installed to play
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-866-9289 Mon.-Fri. 7:30am-4:30pm Eastern Time. Truck is located in Baltimore, Maryland.